We’re Starting Our New Season Off Right
There are so many exciting things happening for the opera this season. To help us kick off our 2013-2014 season, we decided that our website needed a small facelift. It had been awhile since it was updated, and we decided that an overall new look would be good for us. After a lot of research to figure out what would be the best option for us we decided on which organization would host our website, and Rachel the Marketing Director and Katie the Intern went to work to put everything together for us.
We are beyond excited with out the website turned out. We figured we would share some of the new features that are available on the new site that weren’t available on the old site with you so you can go and check it out for yourself!
- Photo Slideshow – On the main page is a photo slideshow. We are able to update this with new and old photos of productions that we have done. We really like this feature, because it gives you all an option to see more of a variety of photos in a small amount of time.
- The Calendar – On the left-hand side of the webpage is a calendar where all of our events show up. You can flip through the calendar and see when we have events going on. If you click on a day, then it will tell you which event is on that day.
- Ticketing – Before the ticketing page was hard to get to, and now, from virtually every page you can click on a link and it will take you directly to our ticketing site. This will provide you with easy access to purchasing tickets no matter where you are on the site.
- Sponsors – Our main donors are now more prevalent with the recognition they are receiving on our site. The Opera Glass Circle has their own tab at the top of the page, and at the bottom is a sponsors link that will take you to a page showing some of our big-name donors. From there you can click on their logo and it will take you to their site!
- I saved our favorite for last. We now have an App! We are really excited about this, and still working out a few kinks, but you can now download an FM Opera App for your iPhones and Androids. This app has the same information as the website, but in a phone friendly form. You can get tickets through your phone, find out when our next performance is, as well as get directions to the performance location through the app.
I encourage all of you to head over and check out our new site! There’s a link in the website that you can also submit feedback or anything else you would like to let us know about. We would love to hear what you think!